Silancolor Paint is a silicone resin based paint that has the advantage of traditional mineral based paints (Silexcolor Paint) as well as synthetic paints. Thanks to Silancolor Paint’s special formula, it leaves the substrate permeable to water vapour and considerably water repellent.
Available in 20kg and 5kg
Silancolor Paint is a silicone based paint that combines the advantages of traditional mineral based paints (Silexcolor Paint) and synthetic paints. Silancolor Paint’s special formula leaves the substrate permeable to water vapour but resistant to liquid water. Unlike normal synthetic paints, Silancolor Paint creates a porous film, allowing water vapour to escape whilst at the same time not letting liquid water penetrate the paint film.
Silancolor Paint adheres perfectly onto all types of traditional renders and well bonded existing paints. Its water repellent nature protects the substrate from chemical aggression, does not dirty easily and is durable with high resistance to cleaning.
Silancolor Paint is highly resistant to alkalis, cleaning, U.V. rays and general weathering without altering its properties.
Where to use:
Painting surfaces when a prestigious aesthetic effect, very high water repellence and excellent vapourpermeability is required for the substrate.
Some application examples
• Decoration of all cement or lime based renders.
• Decoration of Mape-Antique based renders.
• Re-painting surfaces over old paint.
Silancolor Paint not only protects the surface, but has a very pleasing smooth, opaque and velvet effect to the touch and is available in a vast range of colours. Silancolor Paint is also suitable for applications in interiors on gypsum or old paints as long as they are well bonded to the substrate. Where the substrate is uneven or pitted use Silancolor Base Coat prior to painting with Silancolor Paint
• Do not apply Silancolor Paint on damp substrates, or substrates which are not cured.
• Do not apply Silancolor Paint if the temperature is lower than +5°C or higher than +35°C (the surface must be dry and must not be in direct sunlight).
• Do not apply Silancolor Paint if the humidity level is higher than 85%.
• Do not apply Silancolor Paint if it is about to rain or in windy weather.
• Please refer to the “Safety instructions for preparation and application”.