Silancolor Paint is a silicone resin based paint that has the advantage of traditional mineral based paints (Silexcolor Paint) as well as synthetic paints. Thanks to Silancolor Paint’s special formula, it leaves the substrate permeable to water vapour and considerably water repellent.
Available in 20kg and 5kg
Silancolor Paint is a silicone resin based paint that has the advantage of traditional mineral based paints (Silexcolor Paint) as well as synthetic paints. Thanks to Silancolor Paint’s special formula, it leaves the substrate permeable to water vapour and considerably water repellent. Unlike normal synthetic paints, Silancolor Paint does not create a film that is a barrier to water vapour because it creates a porous film and at the same time the use of special silicone resins does not let liquid water penetrate, ensuring an always dry render.
Silancolor Paint adheres perfectly onto all types of traditional renders, dehumidifiers and well bonded old paints. Its water repellent nature protects the substrate from chemical aggression, does not dirty easily and is durable with high resistance to cleaning.
Silancolor Paint is highly resistant to alkalis, cleaning, U.V. rays and general weathering without altering its properties.
Where to use:
Painting surfaces when a prestigious aesthetic effect, very high water repellence and excellent vapourpermeability is required for the substrate.
Some application examples
• Decoration of all cement or lime based renders.
• Decoration of Mape-Antique based renders.
• Decoration of de-humidifying renders.
• Re-painting over old paint.
Silancolor Paint does not only protect the surface, but has a very pleasing smooth, opaque and velvet effect to the touch.
Silancolor Paint is available in a vast range of colours which are obtained with the ColorMap® colour system.
Silancolor Paint is also suitable for applications in interiors on gypsum or old paints as long as they are well bonded to the substrate, do not chalk and Silancolor Primer has been applied previously.
If colours with poor covering properties are applied, use Silancolor Base Coat instead of Silancolor Primer.
• Do not apply Silancolor Paint on damp substrates, or substrates which are not cured.
• Do not apply Silancolor Paint if the temperature is lower than +5°C or higher than +35°C (the surface must be dry and must not be in direct sunlight).
• Do not apply Silancolor Paint if the humidity level is higher than 85%.
• Do not apply Silancolor Paint if it is about to rain or in windy weather.
• Please refer to the “Safety instructions for preparation and application”.